Thursday 28 December 2006

Interview With Dan Blood of Fall Victim



Who are we talking to? - It's me Dan Blood!

Band Members and roles? - I do Guitar and screech into a mic, Gav Ghastly hits dead human skins wrapped around dustbins, Scotty Trauma plays a bass and is the master of harmonies and finally, new to the gang is Jamie Rage who plays guitar and Keyboard...he will be doing backing too soon!

How did the name come about? - Ha ha I was in the bath and needed a name for my clothing label, and "Fall Victim" just came to me, meaning Victim of the Fall (autumn) originally but I think the name can be interpreted in many ways... theres no real meaning...but the clothing thing didn't take off hence now we are Fall Victim!

Where does the band hail from? - From Horrorfalls, sometimes it's known as Bournemouth to the living.

Tell us a little about the history of Fall Victim - Well, I started a band when I was 19 called "All hopes fade as worlds collide" after I decided not to carry on at art school... I hated the school, it drove me to do what I really wanted to do...we sucked, I mean truely sucked... but in about late 2004 scotty joined, and we were so happy, he bought an awesome new element to our sound! anyway we changed our name, and drummer twice and now we are as we are today!

How would you describe your sound? - Thats a tough one because we always try to change how we sound, but I guess right now it's a mixup of Punk, rock "n" roll, psychobilly, dare i say pop? and metal.

Favourite FV song and why? - Me personally... I would say "River of Revenge" which you may not know as it's a new one, I think its gonna sound great when we record it... It's just completely different to anything we've ever done, I think thats why I like it. I like singing it.

What are your releases to date? - 2004: Fall Victim EP 2004: The Night EP (promotional only) 2006: Urban Legends EP currently working on a new EP and a debut album!

Which of your songs are you most proud of? - I really didn't think Horrorfalls II would get the attention it did, I really didn't think much of it until it was recorded properly... It's a simple song but I'm proud of all of us that people have said how much they love that song so much and it nice to think it's something you've created.

Who are your biggest influences? - I wouldn't like to answer for the other guys directly so ill name a few that I know we all greatly adore... The Cramps, The Damned, Misfits, Therapy, The Offspring, AFI, Dead Kennedys, Demented are Go!, Nekros...many many bands!!!

Whats a Fall Victim show like? - It's like a stun gun, then your second Fall Victim show, Is like a wild drunken party!

Where can people find out more about Fall Victim? - They can go to www.fallvictim.co.uk which right now links to myspace but will soon be a full website with all the info you need to find more out about us!

Any last words? - curiosity killed the cat... but he found the best band in the world. www.fallvictim.co.uk hahahaha

Thank you for taking the time to talk to us! - No probs my man thanks for the interview!!

Scare Street
Doctor Von Bracken

No comments: